1. All refund requests must be in writing sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to Southwest School of Woodworking, 621 N 7th Ave, Phoenix AZ 85007.
2. Telephone cancellations will not be accepted.
3. There will be an automatic $50 cancellation fee per class for any canceled registration, regardless of the date of withdrawal.
NOTE: We offer both core courses and Workshops. Core classes stress skill building while Workshops are project oriented. From time to time we offer “special” classes taught by out of town Instructors, these classes require a lot of advanced planning and expense.
Special Class cancellation Policy
4. If you withdraw from a course designated as a “Special Class” more than 45 days in advance, the Southwest School of Woodworking will refund your deposit, less the $50 cancellation fee and $35 nonrefundable registration fee.
4a. If you withdraw 30 to 45 days before a Special Class, the Southwest School of Woodworking will refund 50% of your deposit, less the $50 cancellation fee and $35 nonrefundable registration fee.
4b. If you withdraw within 29 days of a Special Class, there will be no refund for any reason.
Core Course and Workshop cancellation Policy
5. If you withdraw from a course designated as a “Core Class” more than 30 days in advance, the Southwest School of Woodworking will refund your deposit, less the $50 cancellation fee and $35 nonrefundable registration fee.
5a. If you withdraw 16 to 29 days before a Core Class, SWSW will refund 50% of your deposit, less the $50 cancellation fee and $35 nonrefundable registration fee.
5b. If you withdraw within 15 days of a Core Class, there will be no refund for any reason.
5c. The Fundamentals Inclusive course is treated a one course and is designed to encourage the students to commit to all three Fundamentals of Traditional Woodworking courses. For this reason we offer a $200 discount. If you withdraw from the “Inclusive” course more than 30 days in advance, the Southwest School of Woodworking will refund your deposit, less the $50 cancellation fee and $35 nonrefundable registration fee.
6. If you withdraw from any class and are eligible for a refund, you may opt to apply the amount of your refund to another class in the same year or the following year (less the $50 cancellation fee.
7. If you withdraw from any class and are eligible for a refund and would like your refund returned to you, it will be sent within 30 days.
8. If, for any reason, the Southwest School of Woodworking must cancel a course, all deposits and payments will be refunded, including the $35 registration fee.
Woodworking is inherently dangerous. Using hand tools or power tools improperly can lead to serious injury or death. By taking these courses, you agree to do so solely at your own risk and release the sponsors, owners, guest lecturers, assistants, staff, other students, manufacturers, directors, board members and managers from any claims or liabilities from injury, loss, damage or death. Students will not be allowed to work with spalted woods, exotic woods, or any materials that could be hazardous to other students. Each student must sign a liability Waiver and Release. Students who intentionally violate any safety rules or put others at risk will be asked to leave.
There is no smoking permitted in the school buildings or on the school property at any time, nor will alcohol be allowed at any time during classes. If you are on medications that could impair your judgment, please notify the instructor or director; you will not be allowed to operate power equipment. Unsafe acts will not be permitted! If you believe any operation is unsafe for you please inform the instructor of the perceived unsafe condition. If you are uncomfortable with any operation please notify the instructor and the operation will be performed for you.
Each student will be responsible for reading and fully understanding and accepting the registration process including the annual non-refundable registration fee and the cancellation policy before signing up.
Class availability on the web page will be updated as often as possible, but online registrations will not be official until payment has been processed.
All full-week courses will end between 3:30-4:30 pm on the last day of class and Weekend Workshops end between 4:00-4:30 pm on the last day of class.
All classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that a class is sold out of available spaces, the Southwest School of Woodworking will maintain a waiting list if you sign up as a wait listed student you must pay the $35 registration fee (if applicable) and the deposit., which will also be administered on a first-come, first-served basis. Wait-listed students will have 24 hours to register after notification of availability, after which time the space will be offered to the next wait-listed student. Any wait listed student that does not get in the class will be entitled to a full refund.